Thursday, August 13, 2009

To begin the begin

And where to begin....
I'm having a problem trying to figure out what to put under the "about me" portion of this blog.
What should come so easily seems to always escape me. My husband says I over think things, but that falls foreign to my innate need to see things from all sides and angles. I suspect the underlying issue is that aside from being a mother of 3 boys, a wife for close to 16 years, a daughter, sister, friend, relative, animal lover, art lover, artist, tree hugging, save the planet thumping, everyone must have equal rights, live and let live liberal, somehow I have lost a sense of where I begin and end. "About me" has been scattered in little bits and pieces along the way, changing my composition, and in turn, my understanding of what I thought to be true.
"About me" has willingly been about everyone else and everything else. If I can feed it, it comes home with me, figuratively and literally.
I do believe that the whole is as important as the sum of all it's parts. But I also am now starting to realize how important it is to have a grasp on what exactly your part is. This is where I fall short, I can come up with a list of titles and descriptions, yet fail miserably at creating a cohesive and mindful self portrait. You know it's bad when you have to ask others who they think you are. When I am screaming "do you know who I am?"it's not rhetorical, I'm really asking do you know who I am...! Word of advice, if you need to ask, be careful who you question....
So, now I begin again, at 42, trying to get past the words and the colors, past the beats and the
choreography, past the cycles and the structures and limitations and fears and confusions instead of getting lost in them....I need an inner GPS & a mojito....or 5.......

No comments: