Thursday, August 27, 2009

William


Soon he will want to venture out further than my eyes could keep watch....And there will be girls, and there will be interest...Far before I am ready to begin to even think about letting him go, he will have kissed me goodbye and raced out the door.......

But for now, my intensely cerebral, laughably twisted, artistically talented, beautiful boy is still mine. He follows me around telling me the storyline of his next comic, or the outline of the new game he is creating. He, consumed by enthusiasm, me, consumed by love, walk through the seasons, and the years, oblivious to the subtle changes......

Until one day, he smiles wide and we are eye to eye.....
Where once I used to pick him up, kissing and snuggling him ..I now reach over, brush the hair off his eyes with my finger tips, and touch his soft smooth face. I am mindful of the transitions, his face thinning and elongating, the definition of his nose, the broadening of his shoulders, the stride in his step....He is tall....His eyes remain untouched, as does his smile......still the same smile.........

He races for the door, turning to see if I'm coming. I'm looking for my keys...they are under some flyers, I'm looking for my sunglasses, as they sit on my head, I'm grabbing at my purse, no where near together, no where near ready ever.....but for now, he is mine, and he waits for me to take him where he needs to go, with a smile and a story......

Now we move on towards the Fall......not so oblivious anymore......

No comments: